Friday, July 08, 2005

Oral Exam & Cancelled Oral Exam

Oral Exam:
I don't feel very well. Early today, on the third floor of our local county building, after waiting 20 minutes past my appointment time, I was lead, alone and with only the examiner, into a medium sized conference room with a table and some heavy, old style furniture. My examiner closed the STEEL DOOR behind me with the expected clang. The lighting was '50's style dim and the metal table hard and cold. Then the worst moment came...the examiner pulled out a TAPE RECORDER, damn it! My entire oral exam was to be tape recorded, so that every fuck-up I made would be forever available to anybody who wanted to hear it, damn it! My examiner was female, Hispanic and quite professional, although I later learned she is not college educated. Please note that my examiner was Hispanic...guess what the oral examination was for...Hispanic Language Proficiency! A-h-h-g-g-g-g! I don't want to dwell on this, so I'll just say I did the best I could and will light some votive candles to the saints in charge of passing language proficiency exams. *:-(

Cancelled Oral Exam:
The dental hygienist called and cancelled my appointment for cleaning my teeth. Who knows when the next appointment will be available? I don't. Stay tuned.

Movie Recommendations:
"Before Night Falls" (2000) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Valentin" (2003) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Rosemary & Thyme: All series" (2003) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Miss Congeniality 2" (2005) - No, don't see it. OC-
"Are We There Yet?" (2005) - No, don't see it. OC-
"Lady Audley's Secret" (2000) - No, don't see it. OC-
"Secret Window" (2004) - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: