Sunday, June 19, 2005

Rose Hips, European White Birch, Fathers' Day

Rose Hips:
Unbelieveable as it was, I did see a large squirrel, grasping the horizontals on a wooden fence with only its hind feet, stretching up full length and violently ripping rose hips from the neighbors rose bush and stuffing them into its mouth. I had no idea that squirrels were smart enough to eat rose hips for health and I was amazed at the strength and balance exhibited during the process. I was pleased also when the squirrel's entire focus changed as it got hit with the three high speed .62 caliber paint balls that I fired *:->...last seen running headlong down the phone lines *:-)

European White Birch:
I'm still not sure how it happened, but it did. We set out yesterday to get a Fathers Day Tree for my son and his wife to plant at their house so they could have something to remember their two fathers (one each) by. After a series of lengthy discussions and quite a good tutorial from the garden center tree expert, a small concrete bird bath ended up going to my son's place and my wife and I are now determining where to plant the gorgeous European White Birch that we purchased for ourselves. How do things like that happen? *:-)

Fathers' Day:
Happy Fathers' Day to all of us who are Fathers and understand what that means, and to all those who will be Fathers and will come to understand.

Movie Recommendations:
"Wilbur Wants To Kill Himself" (2002) - No, don't see it. OC-
"Hope And Glory" (1987-2001) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Kitchen Stories" (2004) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Danny Deckchair" (2003) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Love And Death On Long Island" (1996) - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: