Monday, January 24, 2005

BSA, Baden-Powell & the learning tree

Many many memories of my experiences as a Boy Scout, a Boy Scout Leader and a Woodbadge member have occupied my thoughts in the last 24 hours. Because I love nature and the learning process I believe the original concept of the Boy Scouts as developed by Baden-Powell was the perfect way for a city boy like me to get a safe and appropriate introduction to the real world as defined by nature. I count the hours that I spent in nature within the Boy Scout system as the most truly educational of my life. Facing big hikes, big meals, big animals, big fears, big fatigue, big darkness, big water, big ice, big traditions, big camps and big trees helped me see outside my inside world and de-isolate to become a better person. Thanks to all who help me within the Scouting system *:-)

Movie Recommendations:

"Broken Wings" - No, don't see it. OC-
"Autumn In New York" (2000) - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: