Monday, April 25, 2005

Garbage & Water Pollution

Garbage:
Watching DVDs that show areas of our earth that remain nearly pristine and then show the same area years later after it has become a dump for household refuse is a sobering experience for me. While I know that I have not yet perfected my own recycle processes and am working to improve, the shock of seeing that which I love carelessly defiled was disconcerting and will stay in my thoughts for some time.

Water Pollution:
The same with waterways. We bumped into a person at the local grocery store yesterday and she told us her story of being called into work (on Sunday) because she had to unclog a drain that was threatening to flood the inside of an extended care home. She detailed what she found in the drain that was plugging it up and all of a sudden we were less hungry and I had to forget about what she said until now because it was too gross, the people doing the damage were too cavalier about it, and she said it is getting worse not better over time. Lots of work to do here.

Movie Recommendations:
"The Celts: Rich Traditions and Ancient Myths (all volumns, 1987) - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: