Wednesday, February 16, 2005

(1) CD Prices & (2) Shanghai Hello

Today I had a quick lesson in retail pricing. I needed to purchase 20 copies of a jazz CD to use as business gifts.
I priced them at a shop in a well-known tourist area and each CD sold for $19.95 total. With a quantity purchase of 20, the price is reduced by 10% to $17.95.
I priced the identical CD at the local discount CD store and each CD sold for $9.98 total. With a quantity purchase of 20, the price is reduced by 10% to $8.98 total.
So I can pay either $359.00 for 20 identical CDs or I can pay $179.60. I happily paid the lower amount *:-)
Today I had a quick lesson in global good will. I had responded to a blog entry from someone who's blog I have been following for a little over one year. The blogger does not know me, and I have never posted a reply to his blog before. The blog originates from Shanghai, PRC.
I was surprised when just one day after I posted a reply I received a very nice and thoughtful reply from the blogger! This is not a small, unknown blog, but an internationally recognized blog.
I think that is very cool and it makes me feel good *:-)

Movie Recommendations:

"The Motorcycle Diaries" - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: