Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Maybe I shouldn't have watched "Troy"

All five of the computers in the downtown branch office of the company I am doing contract work for are fully infected with what they believe is one of the Trojan varieties.
It has been two days that IT has tried to clean the machines and IT has decided that they will just replace the hard drives with new ones since they can't get rid of the infection.
That means all data will be gone and it is a relief to me that I don't keep much stuff on the office machines (they are shared).
At our home office for my wife and I we have two systems for protection and we hope that is enough although we recently upgraded to full broadband which I understand is far more highly vulnerable. Good luck to us.

Movie Recommendations:

"That Touch Of Mink" (1962) - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: