Monday, February 14, 2005

Ugly, but they sold!

I watched with trepidation as the person in charge of the bake sale made a small "tent card" that described the baked goods that I donated.
If you recall from yesterday's blog entry my stuff did not have a very professional or polished appearance.
As the day wore on, and as I kept passing the person who was watching the money and the baked goods, I kept feeding him tidbits about my stuff, such as "they have butter cream frosting", and "all organic flour" and "marbled cake". He dutifully annotated the tent cards with each additional piece of information, and by noon the cake sold! I breathed a sigh of relief and held my head a little higher.
As I was getting ready to leave, about 4:15 in the afternoon, I got to watch one of our workshop trainers looking over the remaining baked goods, which included the cupcakes I made. He bought the cupcakes! *:-) I told my wife right away and we high-fived ourselves for being real contributors to the fund-raiser.
Thanks for the help, everybody *:-)

No comments: