Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hot or Not?

And the answer is: HOT!
I got a mobile phone call from my wife letting me know that my son had completed cutting up the tree he recently downed in his front yard and he offered me the wood for our heating needs if I would come pick it up quickly. I was already dressed for outdoor work and was on the road having completed taking our refuse to the transfer facility (the dump).
I drove to my son's place asap for two reasons: First, I wanted the wood although I had doubts that it would be burnable this season having so recently been taken down. Second, the tree is right in the front yard of my son's home and many cars and bicyclists pass by every day and it made a messy looking place and I live in the mountains where wood-mess in the winter is normal and acceptable and I wanted to help him tidy up his place which is small, cute and easily overwhelmed by untidiness.
Wow, am I impressed! I started our nightly fire in the usual way, and then when it came time to add the medium weight wood, I mixed the wood from my son's place with my usual aged bay wood and was happy to see the new wood take flame. When it came time to add the serious logs, I mixed the heavy, dense and unaged rounds from my son's place and was amazed to feel the heat they produced after igniting. I added lots more as the evening continued and we are happy to report that we had a very warm home last night due to the HOT burning wood from my son's place. Thanks P & J *:-)

Movie Recommendations:

"The Score" (2001) - No, don't see it. OC-
"The Three Amigos" (1986) - No, don't see it. OC-
"He Knew He Was Right" (2004) - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: