Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Loving Learners

I love learners. That's one way I can learn to love myself more too *:-) But the point is that if I can remain patient enough with my students, accepting their sometimes irritating attacks on the learning process and learning institution and learning structure and learning pedagogy and rubric, then Every Time, sooner or later, there comes a breakthrough point at which all of a sudden the students' energy shifts from somewhat negative to mostly positive, and then the fun begins *:-) This results in a rush of energy not just for them but for me too, which is very cool. I am grateful that I am a teacher *:-)

The clueless accountant that is our Interim Acting Executive Director is now trying to build a closer relationship with everyone by inviting all of us at once to a lunch at a local mexican restaurant, where we would pay for our own meal, and also need to give up our lunch hour to listen to her explain how everything is going to be all right, and that our mission is still the same, despite the fact that the organization, which had a mission of serving those who were not served before due to race and financial position, and which was run by people of color, is now completely white, except for one remaining Director of Otomi extraction, who is very beleaguered because the white folks just don't have the vibe required to tune in to the root needs of the population intended to be served. No matter if the organization "survives" or not, it certainly won't be filling the need it was before.

Grandma and I just got really cool news! My son and daughter in law had their scan (or whatever it is called) done this morning and the next arrival in our family will be a boy *:-) The process of raising his own male offspring will offer my son the chance to fully graduate in life, and he is blessed, as are we *:-) We are grateful.

No comments: