Friday, February 02, 2007

Telecommute for health & the environment

Well, yes, I certainly feel better at the end of the day when I have a telecommute day, but I am not sure that the environment actually got better. Basically the same amount of fossil fuels got burned to support the work I do, and possibly even more food got consumed. It is more productive, IMHO.
We didn't get any time with our granddaughter this week due to sickness, but part of that is on our side, and the other part is that our granddaughter is "out in the world" more and is getting all her immunities built up, so since that is part of the natural process, then no worries.
I have a video conference of 1.5 hours length tomorrow, which I will attend through a virtual room via our vendor of such things, so I will have to shave in case they want me to show myself on video when I speak. I could say it was broken or something but I don't like to lie.
Cheers.

No comments: