Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dark Nebula Entering Wierdness Asteroid Belt

Today, and yesterday, an energy flux of wierdness passed through Dark Nebula, affecting all humans. All of us became work-disabled and could not bring ourselves to work hard at accomplishing anything that might have long term impact. A floating, disconnected feeling, as though reality was yet to be defined. I chose to try to define my own reality, and hence could move a few things around and get a few things on their way to completion, but not much and not many. A few minutes from now, a quickly scheduled staff meeting will occur, of which we know nothing of the contents, nor the impact. I have chosen lots of dance and trance mixes to listen to, and my favorite one right now is U.F.O. Phenomena, which includes some of the actual verbal exchanges between Mission Control and the Eagle on the first flight to the moon. Exchanges, which BTW, were spoken using headsets manufactured by the company I worked for before the position I have now, and a model of which I have held in my hand. Cool. Wierd. Nebulous.

Late last evening I got a call from a former employee, who had a close relationship with the Former Executive Director, and this person wanted a favor. The Boss Man of the Former Executive Director (the Boss Man now lives in a different state, and has a very high position) wanted to use a backdoor to get some samples of the products we offer, and so tried to use this person to contact me directly, because this person knows I can make things happen. I was shaken by this experience, and did not quite know how to handle it given all the investigations going on, and the instability, but on the drive home from work, and after talking to my wife about it, I realized that this was something I needed to uplevel to the Directors. I did that using webmail (I had not taken my laptops home with me because I was tired), and immediately felt better. Boy, was that ever the right thing to do! The Directors met on the issue this morning, and contacted the person trying to use the backdoor on behalf of the Boss Man of the Former Executive Director and the person was informed that the demand would not be met and that one of the Directors was to be involved in all communications regarding this relationship. The person trying to access the backdoor called me later, and again asked me to just enable him to have internet access to one of the products, and I asked him "Don't you read the newspapers?" "Are you aware that we can't do anything here now without getting approval from a Director?" He said yeah, he understood, but felt that his request was simple enough that it would be ok. I told him I would take his simple request to the Director, and get a response. How do you spell c-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n ? Have Fun *:-)

No comments: