Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday's At South Swamp; Son With Kids; Apron Hangs Waiting

As a professional bureaucrat reawakening my bureaucrat skill set, I now work in the office at South Swamp all five days per week instead of using Fridays as a TeleWork day. This has had two immediate effects that were visible today: first, the two bitchy girls who don't really work, & are gone out of the office a lot of the time, & have been using Fridays to bad mouth me for not being in the office, have had to shut up, & it was a real pleasure seeing the looks on their faces over the last 3 weeks as they begin to realize that they can't say shit about me teleworking anymore *:-) They have been written up by local management for their unprofessional work habits, but they are both in tight with the local biggie, so nothing will happen to them, & besides, remember the definition of a bureaucracy that I provided a few days ago *:-) I will get better at this, & perhaps my wife will calm down about it & realize that I am not the most desirable potential employee anymore because of my age, & that since I want to keep working at a decent job for another 8 years, that I am trying everything I can that I think will make that come true *:-(

My son, who now commutes a very long way at the end of the week to be with his family during their temporary separation due to trying to sell their house, called us & he is safely with his family where they are staying, & can spend the weekend with them. That is good.

A very cute little girl's apron hangs close to our bed in the master bedroom, waiting until it can be delivered to our granddaughter *:-)

No comments: