Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Slaka; Just Listening; Golf Clubs

Our workplace has been very recently blessed with two new energetic high level directors, one above the other, & both are above the still missing local director that we have been waiting for since late 2006. Based on the parallels with a dvd my wife & I recently watched, I have given the newly vitalized, but still insane office workplace the name "Slaka", for a mythical country where life is similar to that in the office I work in. The name "South Swamp" will still be appropriate for a while too, until the local director question gets sorted.

We have an important assignment coming up in late November, & it is one that I have handled for the last couple years, but with the recent reorg, it is time to hand off the responsibility to a colleague. My boss has chosen the colleague, who reports to a different director, & we met today to discuss the plan. The new person said that she has been instructed by her director to "just sit and listen" at the 2 day, all-expenses-paid-by-the-host symposium. That behavior will irritate the hell out of the hard-working, long-suffering team that invited us so I made that perfectly clear to my boss & now I am letting go of it.

The new golf clubs came today, & although they are 3 days late, I like them so I won't bother with the ritual complaints, which of course won't do any good because the shipping company always says "we had a new driver on & he couldn't find your address way up in the mountains". Oh well. The putter is the yellow-handled Ray Cook "Blue Goose 3", & looks very good. The One Shot Chipper is the Ray Cook "Classic Plus Chipper", & it will be a new experience for me since they did not use these the last time I tried to play golf. The round is this Friday afternoon, & I haven't gotten to practice at all, but I suspect I will enjoy it.

No comments: