Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lights On, Shocking Revelation; Golf Tourney 11/16; Granddaughter At Noon; Out The Door At 5

Today I started my new gig time from 8 am to 5 pm, & since I wasn't sure about how the traffic would be flowing, I left a little early & also arrived before 8 am, & since I have a key to get in the building, I was the first one in. Usually, when I would arrive at 9 in the past, the overhead florescent lights would still be off, & those who were at work would be just kind of chatting or puttering about or chilling in their dark cubes. Not today *:-)) I turned all the lights on at max intensity & made sure all the copiers, printers, etc. were actually on & running, like, you know, a place of work. What a shock it was to those who arrived to see that the place they have been coming to is actually a place of work, not an extension of their comfortable homes. I enjoyed it *:-) My colleague, the IT manager, who comes in at 8:30, really liked the story & encouraged me to continue.

Well, as I predicted, I will actually be playing some golf on Friday, 11/16 *:( I don't know how these things happen. Its ok, & it is a "team building" activity although with all the financial audits going on we will probably have to pay the $7 course fee ourselves, although we may get lunch or something, & of course we get the time out of the office, & the fun that goes with it. Its cool, no worries.

Our daughter in law brought the grandkids up to the house here in town, the house they are selling, & so my wife & I got some time with the kids, & I had a very good time with my granddaughter, out in the back yard, chasing each other, shaking leaves off the trees, listening to the iPod, & generally goofing around. She cried when we had to leave, since we both work in the afternoon, but she is already extra upset because of all the instability, & it is part of her life experience anyway, but it was hard to leave. I am grateful to have had the time with her, & a little time with her brother too.

Ok then. My first official day as a 100% bureaucrat, & I did well. I was out the door by 5:03 pm. Good on me then *:-)

No comments: