Monday, November 12, 2007

Kid Stuff; Internal Change Manifests In External Change; New Assignment

We've been hangin' with our grandkids as much as possible over the Veteran's Day holiday, & that was really worth it. I am a veteran & there have actually been a few (very few) people who have offered me their thanks for putting my life on the line for what we get to do here in the USA, & I have been taught by my Native American friends that it IS appropriate to honor the warriors who face the fight, so I am grateful for whatever thanks I get.

We've had some difficult emotional times in the last few days, & that is resolved for the moment, & has resulted in us moving furniture & trying some new arrangements in the way we use our home, so I am hopeful that the turmoil was worth it. I agree with Carolyn Myss who says "...we are actually more afraid of change than we are of death".

I have a new (additional) assignment at the University of Blueberry Syrup which will catapult me into the mainstream campus heirarchy, outside of the very small sub-organization that I work for, & I am hopeful that this is a good thing. It will mean lots of work of course, but I am seeking that so no complaints here.

No comments: