Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Slaka Hears A Sermon; I Found It!; Schedule Change

The HR people came over & gave us all a required talk today on the evils of telecommuting, or at least the perceived evils. Some of the most irresponsible employees are not allowed to telecommute, so because they are pissed off they are petitioning to have all telecommuting canceled on the basis of "equal treatment". Because our organization is infantile & has no management, the 3 of us who telecommute one day a week suspect that we will be forced to give it up. Fuck 'em, I can roll with it.

I have an important meeting tomorrow, the first for my new duty, & it is at a building on the campus of the University of Blueberry Syrup that I have never been to, so on my lunch hour today I reconnoitered its location & actually went inside, where I quickly observed a much higher level dress code than I am currently using, so I will take two sets of clothing tomorrow, one for the normal part of the day working in Slaka, & then a change for the meeting at High-Class Harry's.

The two activities on this Friday which were going to require a great deal of energy from me have changed. One was cancelled, through no fault of mine, & the other has been shortened by half, & is being kept local instead of 25 miles away, so it won't be nearly as difficult. I am glad.

No comments: