Monday, November 19, 2007

Workies; South Africa; 2Life

On the job, & I mean on the job, like, really ON THE JOB, working, from 0745 straight thru to a solid 1945, with 50 minutes out for a run to the UPS shipping facility across town. No major negative incidents, or positive incidents either, & that is partly because only one of the 5 directors was in the office today, & the largest "difficult" employee (HR's word, not mine) is out of the office all week.

The trip to the UPS shipping facility was so that I could get the 2 telecom units on their way to the trans-shipping facility up north, where they will be forwarded on to South Africa to my colleagues there. Some of the products they need are not available to them within Europe & occasionally I help out. Glad to do it, for a couple reasons, one of which is part of a younger man's fantasy *:-)

2ndLife is occupying a bit of my time at the moment, & it is kind of cool that I need to learn about it as part of my job, so I can relax while learning. We still don't run 2ndLife during the regular workday because of the bandwidth required & because some of the happenings are unpredictable & may be NSFW. Something new *:-)

No comments: