Sunday, May 22, 2005

Different Breed, Learning, Deciding

Different Breed:
Tibetan Mastiff is not for me as a pet dog. We have enough room and if we made the fence a lot stronger we could let the TM run free but the inherent behaviors of the Tibetan Mastiff breed are not going to work out for me. I like strength and some independence in a dog but the Tibetan Mastiff is still classified as a "primitive" breed and does not train well and does not remain close on command. The search continues.

Learning:
I have planned to attend a local "doggie day" in the park during the first week in June. I will just hang out and learn more about me and dogs and if I want to go in the direction of becoming a pet owner right now. I hope to learn by observation what the different relationships of dogs and owners are and how they work when outside their home turf.

Deciding:
I haven't set a deadline for myself on deciding if a dog is coming into my life or not. I'll let that decision arrive when the time is right. Because I'm still interested I'll keep checking things out.

Movie Recommendations:
"The Cazalets: All Episodes" (2001) - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: