Sunday, May 29, 2005

Paving Stones, Bamboo & Clay

Paving Stones:
We visited our son and his wife at their new(ish) home today so my wife could do some measurements for some maternity clothes for my son's wife. I asked me son to take me on a tour of his property and he did and we got to talk about the landscape and remodel plans they are working on, which I enjoyed. He even listened to and acknowledged some of my comments relating to using paving stones to provide an efficient and pleasant looking parking area near the front of the house! He would not commit to allowing me to install a "baby cam" in the nursery so my wife and I could log on to watch the baby-to-be though *:-)

Bamboo:
While we were at our son's place my wife got a call from a friend who happens to live just a few blocks away from my son's and the friend needed some help so we went over there too. After the help part was done we got a nice tour of their property too and they showed us some of their recent nursery purchases, which included some golden bamboo still in the nursery containers. The Jasmine was in full bloom and the entire yard was filled with the most exotic and fulfilling fragrance...it was wonderful.

Clay:
My wife's friend's husband loves to work with clay and since I taught pottery for several years we talked about different clays and firings and we both agreed that working with clay is something we both enjoy. He is enamoured with throwing on the wheel, while I am enamoured of hand building and pinch potting. We offered to let him fire his smaller stuff in our electric kiln if he wants to start making stuff again. He is a gifted jeweler and bead worker also.

Movie Recommendations:
"Star Wars III-The Revenge Of The Sith" (2005) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Little Black Book" (2004) - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: