Thursday, May 05, 2005

Pops & Hats

Pops:
Actually, "Hey, Pops" in reference to me by someone else. I did not expect that ever to happen and it has. I was driving and at a traffic intersection stopped for the red light. Two youngish skate boarders were crossing the street with the green light. They were not staying in the white pedestrian lane. One of them walked in front of the car that was in front of me, and one of them walked between the car in front of me and my truck. That is not a bright thing to do. Both my door windows were down all the way. As skate boarder #2 finished crossing in front of my truck and was walking along the my passenger side he leaned towards me and said in a semi-derogative manner "Hey, Pops don't worry, take it easy." I was shocked *:-(

Hats:
'Pops' ties into 'Hats' this way: My wife has been telling me that my choice of headgear this winter and spring "...is making you look funny...". I suspect what she is too kind to say is that my hats make me look old. I wear fedora style and straw-brim fedoras. I will not wear them anymore and am on the look out for what I can find that will be right to keep the sun off my face and also help me look as cool as I really am *:-) A lesson learned. Thanks, youngish, derogatory skate boarder.

No comments: