Monday, April 16, 2007

Dark Nebula Grasps At Straws, Mouths Wide Open

Heh. Eleven director level managers in a conference room continuously from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. I know only a very few CEO types who have the power and capability to keep a meeting going in a productive manner for that length of time, and there certainly was not anybody like that in the meeting. It became quieter and quieter, and at one point the Acting Interim Executive Director came out and asked me to move the electric stapler that I was using because the repetitive sound of the stapler was really bothering the people in the conference room and they couldn't concentrate *:-0

For a very brief moment, about one half hour, the energy level raised to the point of actual being conscious, because the Big Biggie called in on the speaker phone and was offering his "input" to the process that the directors were going through. I didn't see a lot of enlightened faces when they finally came out of the room, so I suspect the Big Biggies "input" was just more of the incompetent gesturing that he has been doing since his original plan fell on its face.

Sadly, staff are beginning to assume that they will be laid off, and are openly talking about it, which of course will cause the morale to spiral further down. Can't be helped. We are where we are.

I travel Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday this week, then again Monday & Tuesday of the following week, so it will be a bit tough for my wife and I. We shall do our best *:-)

No comments: