Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dark Nebula Inmates Hungry, Confused, Angry & Beginning To Turn On One Another

First day back inside Dark Nebula today after two weeks traveling in other parts of the galaxy. I did ok, but the hunger among the inmates is reaching levels that are becoming difficult to deal with. I was probed by everyone sooner or later, and it was a long, somewhat intense, and somewhat bitter-sweet day, because I also was able to open up to true colleagues, which was good. The havoc wreaked by last week's managerial insistence on lying to clients had subsided, but was still being discussed in quiet corners of the main building. Sad, but resigned faces did the discussing. Nothing too loud, of course. Whenever a group of us would gather to have a brief exchange, those who feel left out of the info stream would show up on the fringe of the group, including Directors. BTW, I found out late today that all Directors have been forced to give up their titles as of June 1st, and will be thrown into the pile of "staff" along with the rest of us, although they may be given the temporary title of Manager for a while.

Our departmental staff meeting happened as planned today, and I was a major contributor, and later in the day my boss (a truly good manager) thanked me for my input. All members of my team said they missed me and are glad I am back *:-)

No comments: