Monday, April 23, 2007

Death Watch At Dark Nebula

Returning from my assignments at remote outposts and entering the HQ building, I am struck dumb by the level of depression and distance that pervades the office space. Those unable to do anything different are choosing to remain depressed as they contemplate the cloud of uncertainty that hangs heavy over us. The Directors remain in their offices, staring intently at their computer screens, and are beginning to move like automatons, not animated in a human way, but as though in shock. The good news: my expense check actually cleared *:-) So, all is not lost.

I have been listening to XM channel 82 recently and today when I drove into the HQ parking lot two of the Directors must have been in the parking lot because on my way into the building they joked with me about the type of music and the volume level (high). I told them I was doing research on the student populations that I prepare trainings for *:-)

I have promised myself that I will use the new expense report form that is posted online, so I am off to search it out and begin filling in the info for the most recent travel.

No comments: