Friday, April 27, 2007

"New Post?" Yes. Several, Actually...

I was able to use my lunch time and after work time today to get new fencing put up to replace the fencing knocked down by the 85 foot extension crane that was here a couple months ago to take out some of our older, larger, unsafe trees (BIG ones). When they were putting the crane away, actually, "folding it up", they accidentally swiped our fence and the wooden fence could not withstand the force of the big wrecking ball that hit it, and so came tumbling down. The busted fence has just been leaning up in place since then, but on Wednesday morning, as I tried to drive down the driveway to get going to work, I was blocked because the fence had fallen over again. I struggled with it (in my work clothes) and finally got it propped up again, but I knew it would just be a matter of time before it came down again and perhaps I would not be around to help move it, which could cause problems for my wife. We now have a bright, shiny, new fence that is quite acceptable in quality and in appearance for the neighborhood we live in.

On Thursday evening, on my way home from work, I got to snag some time with our 17 month old granddaughter, which is a rare and wonderful experience for me. I was acting as a messenger boy to pick up something from our granddaughter's home, to take to my wife. My daughter in law answered the door, and although I could not see my granddaughter right away, my daughter in law pointed to the rocking chair and said she was behind it *:-) Smart kid, to hide from me *:-) I paid no attention to her trying to hide and went right over and picked her up and took her to her mom, but of course she was not happy about me picking her up and so was crying. No big deal, and I pretty much ignored it, and we ended up having a pretty good time for the short period I was there. She got lots of kisses from me and we exchanged eye contact several times, so it was a fun time for me. She is pretty neat *:-)

My nightly Epsom Salts foot soak is beginning to become a habit, and it is helping. I don't know why I get pain in my heels these days, no matter what shoes I wear. My wife just mentioned this evening that as we get older the fatty tissue in our feet goes away, so maybe that has something to do with it. I will try thicker socks too, and see what happens.

I am happy about the fence, and my wife tells me that it makes her feel quite a bit more secure, so it was very well worth it.

No comments: