Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Big Storm Comin'...so they say...

We have received a third warning on the radio that a "huge & windy" storm is about to hit. The same radio station has warned us twice before during the last week, and there has not been any rain at all, nor any wind. Maybe this time *:-) Just to cover us, I brought in enough wood for about 3 days, so we should be warm, even if the power goes out.
Slowly, slowly, and intermittantly, some energy is returning to me as the Sun begins its climb back to the heavens. I would enjoy being able to be exceptionally productive during this holiday time, but that isn't happening so far. Oh well, I trust that it will all work out.
I keep the full spectrum lights on even during the dreary day, to balance the lack of Sun, which helps. We use certified OTT lights, which provide true Sunlight. I visited John Ott's studio in Montreal, Canada, just as he was becoming famous for his time-lapse photography of how plants respond to different types of light. We have used OTT lights ever since they became commercially available, and we have one honker dual 300-watt light for when my wife needs to balance the colors in her weavings while the warp and weft are still on her room-sized loom.
May your path to the New Year be brightly lit, and easily followed *:-)

No comments: