Sunday, December 31, 2006

My last day...

I shall no longer walk the ground I so much loved, feared, and needed, and must pass from this place in time on this, my last day.
I have triumphed and failed, truly laughed and truly cried, and am at this moment finding my eyes filling with tears as remnant emotions wash through me once again.
I am grateful to God, to my wife, to my fellow men's group members, and to all who have found it possible to open their hearts to me, no matter how little or much.
I am grateful that my family continues to visit, to communicate, to hug, and to recognize me as part of their lives.
Life does, and shall, go on as long their are mountains, trees and seas, and I love nature and God more than anything else, and have been blessed with much communion with both.
I ask only for eternal devotion to my higher power of choice, and wish all a wonderful last day...of 2006.
Until next year...may the road rise to meet you, and the devil not know you are dead until an hour after you are in heaven *:-)

No comments: