Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cease Fire, Rest & Recuperation

Bliss today. I was given a full day with my wife, & we were able to do peaceful daily activities that were natural, full of pleasant social interaction, and productive. No incoming small arms fire from Dark Nebula, and the mortars, RPGs & missiles were quiet too. I have been very active and in the front lines during the last 2 weeks, and this R&R is needed and I am grateful. I did not do heavy physical labor today either, because my feet, ankles & knees are still healing from the efforts of the last several weeks. All in all, a restful & fulfilling day.

Something special happened also. My youngest son, from whom I have been pretty much estranged for many years, sent me a father's day card that said for the very first time, he can truly say "thank you" for me being his father, and he also made reference to my spiritual practice as being something he appreciates also. Very big deal, and with tears in my eyes, I called him to make sure he knows I appreciate him sharing his feelings with me. Very cool *:-)

No comments: