Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Indian Food *:-)

Cool. There is a new Indian food restaurant in town, & our team went there for lunch today & it is very good! I think my son & perhaps my daughter have already been there & mentioned it, but I am not sure if I remember that correctly. When the 4 of us were in the middle of the meal, the owner, an Indian man but dressed western style, came over & asked us how things were, and we all agreed they were excellent. He made some remark and I realized that I could respond by using my very limited Hindi, which I did, and he was slightly taken aback briefly & then said "Oh of course, you have been to India & you have learned some basic & helpful words & phrases". He had the traditional Indian mask of non-commitment, but I believe the interchange was pleasant for him & it was for my colleagues & I as well. Fun! Good Food! Why Not?! *:-)

No comments: