Saturday, June 30, 2007

Delightful Gift, Excellent Carseat, Early Anniversary Meal

My wife & I love the character "Mater" from the Cars movie, & have given ourselves a couple little toys for display & fondling close by our work areas, & enjoy making Mater jokes & referring to the character from time to time. We spent time together today celebrating our anniversary a day early, & after returning to our home, my wife gave me the gift she had picked out for me: an incredibly delightful, funky & fun Mater radio/alarm combo *:-) It is hilarious, & has actual audio clips from the movie in Mater's voice that are used as the wake up message. Helluva a lot of fun to listen to *:-) Well, then the fun really begins *:-) The instructions for setting the time, establishing the alarm time & sequence, & for finding the radio station we want remind me of when the very first stuff started to arrive from Japan, & yes I am old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was a very derogatory thing to say about a product. Well, no one actually knows where this product was made, because all the literature vaguely refers to import sites in New York and Canada, but nothing really specific as to where it was made or as to where the impossible to follow instructions were written. I will be spending time figuring it out, because we love the crazy thing, & about every 15 minutes tonight while we were watching a dvd, Mater blasted out his wake up message in an uncontrolled manner, & after about 7 times of that, I had to take the batteries out *:-)

We dropped by our granddaughter's home this afternoon so we could have her mom & dad give approval to the very excellent new carseat we purchased so that we can truly be helpful grandparents & so they won't have to worry about our granddaughter when she is with us in our car. Our granddaughter was asleep, but that was fine, & our son came out to the car & checked it out and approved our installation *:-) My wife stayed in the house with our daughter in law, who is ready to give birth any day now, & was radiantly beautiful with the birth process coming down on her very quickly. I felt honored to see her in that state *:-)

I took my wife to the Indian restaurant that I recently discovered with my work colleagues & she really liked the food too, so hopefully we can meet up there sometimes *:-)

No comments: