Friday, June 01, 2007

Dark Nebula, Drifting; No Hope For One Year

An emotional meeting today with two representatives from company HR, one of whom is a lawyer! The same basic message: "Many of you will die, deal with it. Oh, & by the way, we (HR) are here to screen the big biggies, who injected you with this disruption, from any feedback on what it is doing to all of you employees, and so no, you can't communicate with them and no, we won't be inviting them to any of the meetings". Boring, actually.

I have decided to prepare a new job description for myself, & submit it to my boss. At least then I can say I shared my vision, & who knows, perhaps I will get what I ask for *:-) I have been encouraged to assume there is a reasonable chance I will be kept, so what the hell, I may as well play along, since they are still paying me *:-)

My beautiful wife pulled out some of the clothes that our children wore when they were just wee ones, & seeing them pulled at my heartstrings. Tiny suit jackets, tiny hats, & the like. I don't know why they had that effect, but they did. We are looking at 3 new grandchildren over the next few months, & that will change our priorities. I am hoping to stay employed so we can provide this & that when needed.

No comments: