Monday, June 11, 2007

Pedagogically Black, Natural Dye, & Trust

Excellent learning experience for me on Saturday, as I delivered a sponsored training to a room full of well educated, mono-ethnicity educators. I was not aware that the participants would all be of one race, & as a result of that I was privileged to observe an entire day of teaching & learning delivery systems that I don't have in my bag of tricks. My training was well received, and I got enough input to build on my own skills to last me a year or so. Cool.

My wife is a passionate fiber artist, and she hosted a natural dye workshop on our property this weekend, and it was a fulfilling and valid learning experience for everyone, and all seemed to have had a positive and enjoyable experience. Good on ya, girl *:-)

Dark Nebula continues to rotate slowly in a universe of silence, but as a result of last weeks intervention by two professionals, I have a mandate to develop trainings based on answers to the question "How shall we develop trust?" I have some materials on order & have already begun changing my behaviour, because in a private email to me from the intervening professional facilitators after the workshop, they said that I had been identified as a primary role model for the other employees, and so it makes sense for me to do my best to turn Dark Nebula into the best place it can be. I have started *:-)

No comments: