Sunday, June 17, 2007

Peaceful Day, Dizzy & Nauseous Wife, Chocolate Father's Day Cake

This Sunday, today, which happened to be Father's Day, was peaceful. Our neighbors had a fairly loud, raucous family outdoor party going on, but our home is very well built & we could not hear the noise unless we were outside. I got a call from my eldest son to wish me happy Father's Day, who was pretty worn out because he and his family attended a family gathering on Saturday (not ours) which included a sleep-over, & his 18 month old daughter had a little trouble sleeping, so of course he did too, since he is the dad *:-) Happy Father's Day son *:-) Thanks for giving me the call too *:-) My father is dead, so I cannot call him.

My wife fell ill mid-morning today with dizzy spells & nausea, which arrive every few months, which made the day unpleasant for her, but we were ok with it because we could be together, & we did not have any heavy pressures on us, & there wasn't much pain, so no worries. She was able to get a little of the work done that she needs to complete for her upcoming show, but not as much as planned & she didn't enjoy it as much as usual. I don't know the name for what she is experiencing, & neither does she.

My daughter did not communicate with me today, but I don't worry about that either, because sooner or later everyone gets to the same point about their parents, so everything will happen in its own time.

I made a brief trip to the dvd library because we didn't have much to watch, and since my wife is not feeling well, we thought some diversion would be good. While out doing that, I also went to the grocery store, and in addition to the regular stuff to get us through the week, I bought one piece of vegan chocolate cake *:-) We shared it when I got home (after micro-waving it for exactly 22 seconds), and it was good *:-) Happy Father's Day me *:-)

No comments: