Sunday, July 22, 2007

Becalmed In South Swamp, Which Has Started To Stink

I have been rendered nearly motionless in my work because of the lack of wind in the sails of the great ship I am a sailor on. The ship lies quite still, having entered the waters of South Swamp just a short time ago. The ghosts of those who have been declared dead but whose bodies have not yet left the ship are becoming fainter & harder to see & hear as their physical body departure time moves closer, 40 short days from now. The ghosts seem to see things far away in their eyes, no longer focused on the priorities & subjects of those of us who shall remain. How strange a decision it was to leave the bodies on the ship while their persons no longer are part of the crew. We have no leadership and hence the sad and wrongly decided continued presence of those declared dead. I shall step lightly to avoid the bodies.

I do not do well in work environments that are becalmed, and I am struggling greatly to keep myself truly occupied, for I am not one to accept busy work. Today has been more difficult than most, until at last, about 2 hours ago, I was able to continue a learning CD that is important to my future. If the outside temperature were not so damagingly high, I might have attempted physical labor, but that would not be a good idea so I have not done it. Things are slowly getting better today, so I shall hope for a productive evening *:-)

No comments: