Wednesday, July 11, 2007

South Swamp Has An Important Visitor; Faith Rises From The Dead

I have worked closely for two years, all over the state, with an important Big Biggie from a different department of the same headquarters group that is responsible for South Swamp. I respect this person a great deal, & he is authentic & we are excellent colleagues. For the first time he visited our workplace & gave a 2.5 hour presentation to everyone, which was very well received. I participated perfectly, & it was clear that I have been very successful in building a solid professional relationship with the Big Biggie & the program that he is responsible for. I did not expect that today's meeting would be so beneficial for me personally, but I feel that it was, & that feels good & I am grateful.

The Closed Heart Warlord has been trying to sidetrack the healing efforts set in motion by the full day workshop on conflict resolution that we all had. Today was one of the days that she offered a "volunteers only", brown bag style lunch time (our own time) meeting opportunity to go over what progress has been made in building trust & other related initiatives. I have not attended her meetings previously because of the obvious bias, but I attended today because I no longer have the responsibility for continuing my own program of trust since it completed successfully yesterday. She was stunned by my presence & that I was participating, & I turned the meeting from fully closed & controlled, to more open & free, & even some of her direct reports felt sufficiently courageous to talk about their own "truths". I hope to be able to keep the pressure on her long enough until she gets bored with the meeting & turns it over to someone else.

No comments: