Monday, July 30, 2007

ZIA Mail; New Cube Space Fab!; Boss Cuts Holy Locks

The ZIA rides again *:-) I am handling high security communications for the candidates who are applying for the Executive Director position here, & some of them are outside the USA, so I am again doing the time zone boogie as I used to when I was responsible for all of Asia-Pacific, Japan, & Latin America in my previous position. It doesn't seem strange to me at all, because I did it for so many years that I came to realize that there are no such things as absolute times, absolute dates, absolute holidays, or absolute plans. I am having to also deal with Eastern European telecom & internet access, which doesn't seem to have improved much since 10 years ago, but I suppose if the USA had endured the horrible wars that occurred there then we wouldn't have much infrastructure either. My son in law travels that region fairly often, so I suspect he knows what I am talking about.

Totally stoked about my new cube space, with the natural light streaming across the workspaces and the openness because I did away with one of the cube walls. My boss noticed that on his walk through this morning, and asked me if I was working as the "hall monitor". He didn't seem too irritated though, so I am hopeful I can keep the open look and feel. This is a really nice space now, and several colleagues agree.

My boss, who is one of the candidates for the Executive Director position, got his hair cut off this weekend. He is a high level martial artist, an enthnic Otome indian (looks hispanic & has an hispanic surname) & considers his long braided hair as a spiritual item. He cut it so as to appear contemporary for the interview process, & he donated his hair for a good cause, so that balances the spiritual aspect. He looks younger, but also weaker & more boring *:-) Probably the right thing to do for this interview though.

No comments: