Wednesday, August 01, 2007

New Cube Arrangement Is Popular

The new cube I am in & the way I have set it up is popular not only with me, but with my colleagues as well. They seem to be comfortable stopping by & chatting, partly because it is much more open than the other one. Also, I have my 3 laptops very conveniently arranged, kind of like a command center console, which I like. Today, one of the web programmers was having trouble getting different browsers to open a shockwave file, & because I have my 3 laptops set up the way I do, with all of them having at least 2 different browsers on them, he was able to do his testing using my stuff very successfully, which hasn't happened in the past because previously I had the 3 laptops set up in various places around the old cube. They are all together now.

I had intended to visit my grandchildren on my lunch hour today so that I could be there at the same time my wife was with them, but while making a deposit at the bank I ended up having a parking lot incident, albeit a small one, with another car. I don't believe I was at fault, but the other party refused to cooperate, so I told her to call the police, which she did. So, instead of being with my grandchildren, I was in a parking lot waiting for a police officer. Unfortunately, the officer ruled in her favor, because she had a friend in the car with her that was acting as a witness, & I didn't have any witnesses. The officer told me to tell my insurance company that it was not my fault, but his report will show otherwise. After the incident, I purchased a nice piece of chocolate cake & after microwaving it for 23 seconds after getting back to the office, I ate it which made me feel better *:-)

I decided to try to see my grandchildren after work, which I did. The newest one is a great sleeper, & so I held him the whole time, while my 19 month old granddaughter took me on a tour of her room, played with some of her favorite toys with me, & hung out with me. After a little while my daughter in law actually left the room & allowed me to be alone with both grandkids, still holding the newest, which is the first time that has happened, so she must trust me to some degree *:-) I of course took advantage of that & got my granddaughter to listen to some trance music on my iPod, which she enjoyed. She even got to the point where she could take each earbud & put it into her left & right ear & listen. It was neat *:-) She liked the experience, & got a nice look on her face when she heard the music.

No comments: