Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Taxi Driver, Furniture Mover, Celebrant

Wow, busy day. One of my bosses had to loan her car to someone & needed a ride to work this morning since the person who usually gives her a ride couldn't because his father had a stroke. I did a google maps thing & found the house ok, & on the way I observed, & actually stopped for just a tiny bit to watch, some older folks doing what I call "Creaky Tai Chi" *:-) It was pretty early and they were all dressed warmly & were outside in a small park & were doing the Tai Chi thing & it was really pretty funny to watch, since clearly they were feeling a bit "creaky" *:-) It was also very nice however, to see community members getting together to do that sort of thing, & when I mentioned them to my boss that I was giving the taxi ride to, she said yes, they are out there every morning. Cool *:-)

More heavy office furniture moving today at South Swamp! WTF? It is true that I am a trained furniture mover and I am probably the least likely to hurt myself, but WTF? I don't know why cubicle rats feel that everything has to be done for them. I get called on not only because I know how to do it & am still quite strong, but because I am part of "IT" or "EdTech", depending on your definition, & I will get roped into moving network ports & cables anyway, so I guess they figure I'm the guy to move the furniture too. I don't mind because it helps move the organization forward, & I am not a lazy person so it satisfies my need for work too, since the organization itself is still becalmed & has not received its sailing orders.

What a neat celebration we just had at my son's house *:-) Yesterday was my birthday (a fairly big number now) & my son had screwed up the calculations & although he did his best to try to plan some sort of weekend thing he got the wrong weekend so nothing happened on my actual birthday or on the Sunday before it, which I think was what he was going to do *:-) It was kinda funny because my wife & I were finishing up the day late Saturday night & although we had been told that something might happen on that Sunday, we had heard nothing. I remarked to her "Well, its pretty quiet so I guess nothing is going to happen" *:-) BTW, I absolutely don't care that nothing happened, because the whole birthday thing doesn't seem to be part of my DNA. Anyway, my other son got creative and got all of us together at son #1's house this evening, & I had a lot of fun with my granddaughter, & also got to hold my new grandson for a nice time, during which I did a little meditation with him, which was cool. My granddaughter & I had lots of fun with the new toy I brought, which was the latest version of "whack-a-mole", which I still like playing *:-) I got a nice bottle of wine, some nice chocolates, & the promise of a nice picture of my son's family, & a nice promise from my other son that he really would be over this coming weekend to pick up the monster lathe that has been stored here for a long time, & which is gradually causing the shed to sink a little because it is too heavy. I enjoyed spending time with the family & the gifts...thanks everyone *:-)

No comments: