Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Good Show; Hard Labor; Whack-A-Mole; Who's A Cop?

I presented at today's ET staff meeting & everybody said it was very good. Now we will see if anybody takes any action *:-)

Very hard labor for several hours today doing all the heavy lifting & moving to support the swapping of offices of two Directors at South Swamp. The arrangement should be stable for at least a year, which is the period of time South Swamp is officially "in transition". After that, probably more shifts, but I hope to be a bit rested by then *:-)

I had given a whack-a-mole game to our 21 month old granddaughter, & from what her granma (my wife) tells me, she has a twinkle in her eye as she turns it on & off & goes after the moles *:-) That is really cool, imho *:-) Also, one of the episodes of House that we just watched was titled "whack-a-mole" *:-) How cool is that?

I attend meetings where no notes are permitted and where everything is supposed to be very confidential, so that truth can be told without unnecessary repercussions that might happen if the same things were said in an open forum. Anyway, part way through the session, this new guy says, which he thinks is really funny, that he is a cop & is making a record of everything & is taking names. I landed on him very heavily, & suggested that if he really is a cop, he might be having a little trouble making it home, since he had lied previously to all of us in order to get in. I guess he got a little scared, which is appropriate imho.

No comments: