Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Physical Labor, Colleagial Lunch, Day Swap

Again, upon entering my workplace today I was confronted with furniture that needed me to move it *:-( Arggh. Oh well, I got it done *:-)

Although the restaurant chosen by my departmental colleagues for our regular after-staff lunch had recently been reviewed by me on yelp.com as a place I will not eat at until a management change happens, I agreed to go along because I wanted to be with my colleagues *:-) As it turns out there appears to have been a management change so maybe I can start eating there again. I did not stop going because of the food, which is quite good Indian Vegetarian fare, but because the place was not as clean as I would like. Everything seemed ok today.

Because my boss with be out of the office until next week, & because our second in command must take his place at the staff meeting on Thursday, I need to swap telecommute days with the second in command. I actually volunteered to do so because she always gets screwed because Thursday is her telecommute day & Friday is my telecommute day, & staff meetings are always on Thursdays, so she gets called in often. This time I will take Thursday as my telecommute day & she will take my regular day, Friday. She was very appreciative & I feel good about the offer I made *:-)

No comments: