Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yo' Mama Ain't No Quaker, She's A Troublemaker

After reflecting briefly on the circumstances that I believe led up to last evenings confrontation with my neighbor, I remember one small conversation that I overheard the night before the confrontation. My neighbor's mother, who espouses that she is a life-long Quaker, & that she raised her son (my neighbor) as a Quaker, was visiting for awhile, & the evening before last was her last night here. I overheard only a portion of the conversation, because I was in my house on the second floor, & the windows were open to reduce the heat in the house from the hot day. She & her son were standing in front of the area that I am working on for my woodshed, & I heard her advise her son "Just pull it down". I now believe that she was referring to the work I had done to stake out the perimeter of my woodshed. I find it hardly consistent with Quaker tenets to advise one person to take unilateral & physical action against another! She ain't no Quaker, she is a Troublemaker, imho.

In addition, my poor neighbor is probably scared to death because his property line is crumbling under his feet into the creek far below, on the side of his property away from the area that I am using for my woodpile. I am sure that is motivation for trying to expand toward my area. If it were me, I would be afraid to sleep in his house.

Also, he is unemployed, & has a fierce wife, so I suspect I was perceived as a convenient outlet for his fear based anger & frustration *:-)

Oh well, I have faith that it will all work out.

No comments: