Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Go Down Below Matey, There's A Hard Blow A'comin

Having survived the first 3 days of the work week, I found myself in a quandry this evening. Management has scheduled tomorrow morning to be a time of duplicity & deceit, & I don't want anything to do with it. I have been asked to be part of an artificial, KGB style populist rally for the presentation of one of the 3 remaining candidates for Chief Warlord of South Swamp. I realized this evening that I can't do that. I shall get to work late tomorrow, making sure to arrive after the rally. I never had the courage to do this in my previous position because of the potential for damaging consequences, but now I am ready to accept the consequences & to do what I believe to be correct.

Really nice party for me at work today *:-) They had a surprise birthday party for me & it was very nice, with a chocolate chocolate chocolate cake, which made it a success in my book *:-)

We are here together, my wife & I, and it is time for sleep.

No comments: