Monday, August 27, 2007

Boss Did Good; Magic In The Air, Full Eclipse

My current boss, who also is a candidate for the Chief Warlord, had his presentation to the entire staff today. He did unbelievably well, and was completely honest & sincere, & even his worst enemy was not able to wound him. Good for him. He is a good fellow & I hope he gets the position, although that means I will get a new boss, which may or may not be so great *:-)

I was called in late in the day & informed that I have been given an excellent percentage raise, which makes me happy. The decision-making folks also picked the right reason for giving me the raise, and mentioned that they know that I work very hard, and that I work very hard on the right stuff. 3 cheers for good DNA which allows me to work hard *:-) Even if I am a bit creaky these days *:-)

I was a bit concerned that I would have to miss my mens' meeting tonight because I have a report due at 10 a.m. tomorrow & I knew it was going to take quite a while to do. During the day, I grabbed what pieces of time I could to get some work done on it, & much to my surprise, at 6:17 p.m. I reached a point where I was able to print a proof copy, which magically looked good except for one easy fix, & then I was also able to get the CD made for the presentation, so I was out the door at 6:37 p.m. & was able to make my 7:00 p.m. meeting just in time *:-)

My colleague reminded me that there is a full eclipse of the moon tonight, & he threatened to call me at the precise time the eclipse is full so I can see it, but since it happens at the dead middle of the night, I told him no, don't call *:-) Our bedroom windows & skylight are positioned so that we will have a full arc view of the entire eclipse, so who knows, maybe I will wake up on my own naturally to see it.

No comments: