Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Right Stuff, A.I.E.D. Blows It Big Time

I made the right choice in not attending the preso from the candidate for Chief Warlord that was given this morning to all staff. I hear it was an emotional disaster for the staff members who are desperately trying to get rid of the senior male director, & are also desperately trying to get a woman, any woman, into the Executive Director (Chief Warlord) job. The losers made jerks of themselves. Glad I did not have to watch or participate.

The South Swamp Acting Interim Executive Director (A.I.E.D.) laid down very strict, Beijing-like rules of conduct & communication for everything surrounding the preso, telling us that we would be violating HR rules if any info was leaked, & then not 5 minutes after the thing was over, somebody blew it by sending an email to "all" that contained confidential info that was not to be shared widely *:-) Then about 30 minutes later, even after another lecture delivered via email about how we were not supposed to share things to "all", a different staff member added more confidential info to the original email & sent that to "all" *:-) OMG the A.I.E.D. was so pissed. She steamed right past me on her way to admonish the guilty party, & she was actually heard to say "dammit" to the woman who had screwed up *:-) I love it *:-) Then, not an hour after that, a senior member of the A.I.E.D.'s staff sent a different email to "all" that also contained different confidential info *:-) Heh *:-) Some days it is really fun to watch the show *:-)

I worked hard once I was in the office, & am happy to be home now. I still get to telecommute tomorrow, so that is good news for me.

No comments: