Wednesday, July 18, 2007

High Score! New Grandson Eating Well! Son Tired As Hell!

Heh. I win *:-) Today I snuck over to my son's place on my lunch hour to try to get to see my new grandson, who now has a name. I wanted to introduce myself properly. I got to the house & gently knocked on the front door, since I couldn't see any movement. No answer. I walked around back & tried to get up on the porch so I could look in the window, but some damned new child-proof gate was too tough for me to figure out, so I didn't get on the porch either. I went back out front & walked to the corner to see if my wife's car was around, which it wasn't, so I gave her a call & she explained they were probably napping because there had been a lot of activity just prior to my arrival. I gave up & returned to my truck, which was parked in their driveway, & used my electronic door opener to get in, & the sound of the beep woke my son up who came to the door. I got in *:-) My granddaughter was all fuzzy with half-sleep half-awake so I gave her a couple kisses & asked if I could see her brother, the new fella. I got a look at him from a few feet away, & he was happily having his lunch from his mom *:-) I introduced myself to him verbally & his mom said "Hey, he opened his eyes when you did that". I thought that was really cool so I climbed up on the bed & got pretty close & then introduced myself again, & he opened his eyes again! That was awesome, & I believe I now hold the record for getting him to open his eyes when spoken to *:-) Anyway, I am going to claim the record until somebody proves different *:-) I really enjoyed seeing him today & wish him well. My son (his dad) is definitely dragging his butt however, & that reminds me of what it felt like to have a new kid. No, I don't want to do it again *:-)

No comments: