Thursday, July 26, 2007

Time To Talk About Art & Very Young Children

I was given 12 drawings done by my 20 month old granddaughter, & as an art teacher, I feel I need to comment & offer help to my granddaughter's parents.

First, please use either round paper or at least square paper, not rectangular. I believe my granddaughter must understand that there are no limitations to her space that she has to influence with her movement and art work.

Second, please make sure that the minimum size of the paper is 36" X 36". Bigger than that is fine.

Third, please use butcher paper, either white or natural color, as the base.

Fourth, please make sure that my granddaughter has plenty of room to do her work, like on the floor on a nice flat surface under the paper.

Fifth, please make sure that at least every once in a while, super messy materials are available so she can use her whole body to create her work.

Sixth, if you are going to do little sketches to help get her started, do them on your own paper, not on the paper she will be using *:-)

That's enough for now *:-)

No comments: