Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Triple-Coat Golden Nugget; Ginko Leaf Grandee; Grandkids!

My boss has been fondling the piece of granite rock quite a bit that I had spray painted to look like a golden nugget, & it looked a bit worse for wear. Last night I triple-coated it with fresh gold paint & it gleamed like a new Blackberry Pearl this morning when I put it on his desk. He was pleased. About 3:30 pm, when the IT Manager returned from an equipment transfer trip to corporate headquarters earlier in the day, she had a brief meeting with our boss to cover the items needing scheduling for the week long vacation she starts tomorrow. I had not expected the response she gave when first walking in to his office to start her meeting...the first thing she noticed was the gold nugget *:-) She wanted to know where the boss had gotten the bright shiny new nugget that looked just like the old one, & she could tell because the old one was in the shape of the state we live in & so was the new one! Hilarious. Thing is, I ended up triple-coating hers tonight by the light of the porch lamp, since she wanted hers to look new too *:-) Oh well.

My boss went nuts over the 3 Ginko leaves I took in this morning & he played with them most of the day, calling me in to take digital photos of his various arrangements as he looks for the design of a new logo he is working on. He asked me to bring more tomorrow so we can work with the web designer to create the logo. I've got the leaves being flattened & dried in a heavy book with weight on top overnight, & I finished drying the painted golden nugget in front of the electric heater about 1/2 hour ago. I am not going to ask myself if this is work or not, & I guess they will stop paying me if they don't want me to spend my time doing this stuff.

We were so lucky today that the grandkids were brought, briefly, back up to their home that is being sold, long enough for my wife to spend quality time with both of them. I know that I have an ache that comes when I don't get to see them, & I am happy that some relief was given today.

No comments: