Monday, October 01, 2007

10.5 Hour Day; No Lunch; No Break

I wonder why I have a headache? *:-)

The AC brokedown in the data center, & the only way to keep it cool enough for the servers to continue to work safely was to keep the door to the data center open with a big fan blowing air from the hallway in. The rest of the building was getting cooled, just not the data center. In our data center, we have data on underage students, & can't leave the servers unattended, so I spent the day, from 11 am until 7:30 pm in the data center doing my work in there. The IT manager was out sick, & the student assistants didn't feel like doing data center duty, so I took it upon myself to get it done, without causing any trouble over it. My boss appreciated it, & came by to say so *:-)

I actually didn't mind because I had a 26 page report to write, & I got it done just at 7:30 tonight, so tomorrow will be better *:-)

Good thing I took that chocolate torte *:-)

No comments: