Sunday, October 21, 2007

Workies; Time With Wife; Bumped By Tough Guy

I worked pretty much most of the day today using our scanner, which only works with my older laptop, & the process is slow, but good. We may look into getting a scanner that works well with our Macs, but don't have the time at the moment.

Got to spend the whole day with my wife, except when she had to run out locally to get some supplies for safeguarding her carefully crafted garments, but that wasn't too long. Nice to be with her.

There is quite a bit of noisy, heavy construction going on including moving a lot of earth, and taking out trees, on the property two houses from us, the property where the back yard fell into the creek recently. I wanted to see & record what they are doing to make sure there is no run-off water being directed at us, and so I took a brief walk up the road & was taking some pictures, from the public highway, of the machinery & the land that was being moved, when a very large, gruff, angry workman came walking at me shouting "who the fuck are you? what are you doing here?" That was kind of fun & I ignored him & kept taking pictures without saying anything, since I was in the road & not on the land, but he kept getting closer & louder & was saying stuff that was supposed to provoke me, but didn't, & I kept taking pictures. He got real close & so I pointed the camera at him & took his picture & that scared him & he moved away quickly, but then came back quickly & did a "bump and run" on me using his shoulder to hit me the way a lineman does in clearing the way for a run, & again I ignored him & took another picture of him & then he took off and left me alone. What that tells me is that there is illegal & un-permitted work going on there & that is why they are scared. I will check it out, although I don't turn people in, but I do want to know if they are directing water our way.

No comments: