Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dark Nebula Becoming Faint To The Eye

The search for a new leader for Dark Nebula is in full swing, and several humans are imagining themselves in the position of Director (the Big Biggies reduced the leadership title from Executive Director to Director). Some of us are using the new IM client, which has conversation recording turned off, to share our choices on whom we would or would not be comfortable with in the position of Director, assuming the choice comes from those candidates that we know about. The Super Big Biggies may just stick one of their own cronies in the slot, and that will be that, without any consideration for our preferences or for the mission of the organization.

I was able to help someone today, and at the same time, helped myself. I prepared a tutorial to help a person applying for the Director position, and it was well received. At the same time, I was able to update my tutorial, which will help keep it current.

Best of all, my wife and I were able to get together for lunch downtown today, which is a very rare occurrence. It was very pleasant, and some colleagues from my previous place of employment, both of whom I like, happened to be there and so we had a very brief catch up and "hello". Very pleasant *:-)

No comments: