Thursday, May 17, 2007

Steep Slopes, Fence Posts, Travelers, & Magicians

I took today as a vacation day to help get our property ready for my wife's invitational spinning & dyeing workshop that will be happening in a few weeks at our place. We live in the mountains & our property is still pretty natural, so after every spring growth there is a huge amount of work to do. Also, last year we had several very large trees taken out, & they had been sort of a bulwark against a paved road that gets substantial amounts of traffic going to & coming from work, so we were feeling a little bit exposed. The slope is pretty steep where the trees were, resulting in the effort I needed to expend today to get fence posts in place was hard on my knees, ankles & feet. Epsom salts are now improving the situation *:-) Tomorrow I will be able to finish the fence facing, & it won't be on the slope side, so it can be much easier. I ended up getting teased a bit this morning because I logged on to email for about an hour & the IT manager kept sending me emails to "say v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n, click your heels 3 times, & get out into the yard!". Well, I had to admit to her that the reason I wasn't working outside yet was because I didn't have any socks to wear *:-) I had to wash and dry some which it took a little bit of time.

Very nice DVD that our son & daughter in law recommended to us, which told stories of travelers & magicians, and we really liked it. Thank you *:-)

No comments: